The first silk that I painted was a 90cm x 90cm picture which already had black gutta outline on. It is a bright picture with rabbits coming out of a magician’s hat, a clown, a jester and a jack-in-the-box. At the time that I made it, the idea was going for it to be cut up into the front panels for a ladies waistcoat. On reflection, I am so grateful that I decided not to cut it up and was pregnant and didn’t know the gender of the baby and wanted to use it as a picture for the baby’s room.
I had a black tie affair to go to and wanted an evening wrap to go with my plain dress, so I made this for my second painted product.